Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The cry of my heart...

Holy Spirit Have Your Way

Long after the tears fall I'm still your child

I put down my defenses and lay down my pride

Love and forgiveness flow in deep and wide

So I run to you and surrender all!

[CHORUS]

As I lay down my life

And pick up my cross

What a joy it is to give my life away to you

All that I need, All that I seek

Is You here with me

Holy Spirit have Your way in me!

.

In times of trouble, though trials may come

The rock of ages is standing strong

I'm fighting battles, but the war is won

So I'll run to you and surrender all

[CHORUS]

As I lay down my life

And pick up my cross

What a joy it is to give my life away to you

All that I need, All that I seek

Is You here with me

Holy Spirit have Your way in me!

More of You and less of me, God

More of You and less of me, God

More of You and less of me, God

More of You overflowing

[CHORUS]

As I lay down my life

And pick up my cross

What a joy it is to give my life away to you

All that I need, All that I seek

Is You here with me

Holy Spirit have Your way in me!

Holy Spirit have Your way in me!

Amen.



Here is the song on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR156yJZFUY


Wow, if I had to sum up all of the things God has taught me this year into one song,

this song would do it well.

To live a life poured out for others,

forsaking all my own wants, wishes, and dreams

(getting married someday, having children and a family, going on a missions trip, traveling, etc)
Yes, that means even surrendering God-given desires back to Him!
-living for the One who gave ALL for me.

If this is all I accomplish in my life, then I will have lived well.

God is teaching me that right here,

right now, I need to find complete fulfilment in HIM.

Life is not all about ME, but all about HIM.

After much prayer, God has shown me His will for this time in my life.
I just need to obey.

In obedience, there is great joy!


If you think of it, please, pray for me!


1 comment:

  1. Great song, Grace! The lyrics are so true.

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete