Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Interesting passage..

And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? Matthew 9:28-29

So I was reading this passage in my quiet time this morning and this part just stood out to me...
These demons knew that a time is coming where they will be cast into the place of torment for ever and ever. I don't know why, but that was quite revealing to me.
They know their day is coming, they know Satan has been defeated! However, obviously there is still a war being waged and we need to be so aware. Satan wants to steal, kill, and destroy us. He hates us and He hates God. In order to wage war against the devil, we must realize his subtle scheme and be prepared to fight against him; for the Lord and for our souls.

81 comments:

  1. Hi Grace! Thanks for the post!! ;)
    Good passage, good thoughts. :)
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Grace!
    Yeah, it's me again...sorry 'bout that. :)

    I was wondering if I begged hard enough if you could manage to break out of the post-once-in-a-milenium routine and post some CYIA pics??? PLEEEAASSEEE???????

    Luv ya!! :)

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. tom dearest, I am sorry to say that the only pics I have from cyia are the ones I got off of Jess's camera... So, if you two are ok with me stealing those onto my blog, I just might be willing to do a post on cyia. however I am kinda thinking that Jess would rather do her own post with her own pics...but I could be wrong. So! let me know! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Grace, I was just wanting to let you know that I would like to see another post! Possibly of *hint* CYIA! Or, any other thing!
    Had fun seeing you!

    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Gracie! I know you are like so totally super busy but we really need something new here! How 'bout we do a NC club post next week?;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post, Grace!!
    So many times we get intimidated by the darkness of this wicked world- yet we have power through Christ!! All darkness melts away at the presence of our MIGHTY King!!
    Praise Him for His faithfullness!!
    Miss ya, Gracie!! It's been tooo long!!
    Love ya!
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Grace! I've never thought about that passage like that before, but it's so true. They do know. I'm so thankful that the Lord gives us His power to fight Satan off, though. btw, it was awesome being on your team at cyia this year. See ya!
    Rachel C.
    p.s. another post would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GRACE!!! You're loyal fans are waiting here!! we need a new post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes we are girl! Please post!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Come on Grace. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To Les: What conversation should we start? We could surprise Grace so that the next time (in the future) she looks at her blog there's a ton of comments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay Grace, give it up... we are gonna stage a "blog in" until you post something here!!!! It's been waaayyy too long!!

    Let's see Addie (I know I'm not Les but I've been buggin' Grace forever so I can help out here ;)) we need a good topic, maybe even one Grace would like enough to come back to her own blog... hmmmm, i'll have to think on this one. Did you have an idea Addie?

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL Sis! A "blog-in"! That's funny! :D

    Well, we could talk about how much we all love Gracie but that has been said before and hasn't produced many results.

    We could talk about just about anything because Grace never reads comments.:)

    Let's see...are you girls goin' to the CYIA picnic?

    ReplyDelete
  14. To Les-
    No, I can't go to the picnic:( By that time school's started, and it takes like 3 hours to get there-so basically my parents said no(sad day:( But I'm really hoping I'll be able to go to CYIA camp again next year. Are you guys going?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, that's understandable Rachel. We will miss ya though! For me, I really can't say at this point if I will be back at CYIA next year. Hopefully I'll be in Honduras by then. If not then, you will probably see me there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. At this point, I'm planning on being back at CYIA next year Rachel. Hope to see you there! It was great getting to know you a little this year!

    Yes! We'll miss you at the picnic! What grade will you be in this year?

    ReplyDelete
  17. To Ashley-
    Hope everything works out for you in Honduras, but you will be missed at CYIA:(

    To Les-
    Glad you're coming back! Lord willing, I'll see you there.
    I'm going into 10th grade this year. I know, I'm just a youngun!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. When is the picnic?

    To Les: I hope that if Grace sees tons of comments that she will look at them!

    To Anyone: I cannot wait 'til camp next year 'cause I can evaluate! YAE! :):):):) What year do you become half staff?

    ReplyDelete
  19. The picnic I think starts at 3. Not sure on that but according to my memory that's what it is. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

    Half Staff depends. It's kinda a person by person thing. I don't know how it all works. :)

    Yeah, if I'm not there I will miss you all too! But... I shall be otherwise happily occupied so I content myself with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. On the 29th. I think that's next Saturday. Should be anyway.:)

    Haha Rachel! Yep you are just a wee little thing compared to us old maids!:D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is Seth "allowed" on Grace's blog? 'Cause with him, we could get up to 100 comments easily!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes we could! It's a public place you know so I don't see why not. Grace kind of knows who he is anyway.

    Hey Addie...I had an idea. I'm going to work up a welcome home post for Amy's blog...any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't have a clue how to post on a blog or anything... so I don't have a clue! But I have a question... are you a part of their OMS? Just wondering. All I know is that Eliza was going on and on about how I had to have my phone on so that she could call me while in TX because she would be oh so lonly and I have not had one call! But any ways... are you planning on putting any pictures on there?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I got it!! Maybe Eliza met her PC in TX and THAT's why she wasn't lonely!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL Sis! How was it you came up with that we didn't?

    Don't know yet Addie...I may put pictures on it. I have to see if I get around to it today. As far as the OMS goes...I really am not sure! It confuses me a little.:)
    You poor thing! Waiting all this time for a phone call! Maybe I'll call you...wait, I don't think I have your number.:(

    ReplyDelete
  26. To Addie-
    I think I remember when Eliza told you that or was I even there?-Who knows:)

    That's gotta be it, Ashley! I can't imagine Addie and Eliza NOT talking!:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, well, well...who do we have here? An addition to our group!
    Welcome stranger!:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, I really didn't think y'all would actually come over to Grace's blog! Wonder what she's gonna think of it when she finds all these random comments =)

    Oh and I'm pretty sure she has her blog set up so that she gets an email on EVERY single comment. She'll have lots of "fun" emails now!

    ReplyDelete
  29. hahaa!! Well, help us out here Jess!! I've only been buggin' her for like ever to post something! :) That's funny, have fun with the emails there Grace and please come post something!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Um, I hate to break it to ya, Ash. This only means that it'll take her longer to write a new post. That's just how she is, she'll wait even more because you're begging her to write a post.

    Hmm...maybe now that I've said something about her not posting she will! =D

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awww, Grace, we miss you! We need another post!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey ya'll!! :)

    Well Addie...I'm not sure why Eliza didn't call- unless it had anything to do with the fact that we didn't have phone service down in Floresville...but she could have called on the way home! She was too busy blowing her nose, singing karaoke with her cell phone and quoting "WALL-E" to call though. ;) We came to the conclusion that looooong road trips are severely damaging to ones mental health. ('Specially Liza's. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. lol! You don't say Kristin?! I'm laughing pretty hard right now picturing Eliza singing karaoke!:D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh, I can see it alright! That's sooooo Eliza! Les, you should see it when both Eliza nad I are together on long road trips!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Haha! I've not had that pleasure yet! I'm sure I would find it quite entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh, it is...*very* entertaining! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yep, it makes trips go mighty fast!

    ReplyDelete
  39. We're up to 44 comments! Don't you feel famous Grace? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Actually, Kristin, This would be comment number 44 =)

    Man, my blog seems lonely compared to yours and Grace's =P Although, it's not half bad having a blog where the post actually stays on the same topic haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is very true Jess... I think Grace oddly enough ENJOYS not posting and letting her fan base know what's up in her life! :)

    When you gonna post a new somethin?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Maybe we are trying the wrong tactic here...

    Fine then Grace!! We don't even WANT a new post, so there!! Just don't write anything again, ever! ;)

    (not sure that will work either)

    What happened to Ellie? She was pretty faithful on here... don't tell me you lost your own cousin Grace!!! That's sad...

    ReplyDelete
  43. Haha I just remembered...she is out of town spending time with Betsy this whole week. Maybe we'll get something out of her once she gets back =D

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hmmm... maybe you're right Ashley and Jess.

    Grace? Are you going to at least comment:)

    ReplyDelete
  45. I was only trying to give some of her faithful fans some hope,Lesley! Trying to keep them around a little longer in hope that she'll post something. Sooner or later everyone will just abondon her blog completely.

    Maybe,we'll get a comment out of her...I have in my mind what that comment will look like but if I say then she won't do it =)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Uh-oh, Jess. Do I want to know what that comment will be?:)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Haha! knowing Grace it'll probably be some comment about how we all need something better to do. :) But, she'll like the attention she's gotten on here I'm sure even if she doesn't admit it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hey Grace: You could make all of us authors on your blog, then you won't ever have to post anything again... we'll do it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  49. haha! I love that idea Addie! =)I second it. We would all have a blast writing posts on Grace's blog. But...that does mean we'd have to keep a tab on Grace 24/7 to know what to post about her. We'd have to have our own paparazzi following her.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Maybe we could just fasten a homing device equiped with a camera to her. Then we'd know where she was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great idea!:) I'd be willing to help.

    lol, Lesley! We'd definitely know where she was then!:)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Okay, Lesley you work on this video equipment dealio we can tape to her head =)

    Rachel, you find your hired help to get the things this homing device doesn't get. I might be able to be part of your paparrazi. That is...if you still think you wanna follow Grace around ALL the time?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  53. I'm not sure... do I?

    ReplyDelete
  54. Ha ha! I love it! Although Addie might be right this time- do I REALLY want to follow Grace around?:)-I don't know:)

    ReplyDelete
  55. It would be highly entertaining that's for sure!:D

    ReplyDelete
  56. you'd never be bored =)

    Okay, Grace...I know you're back now. Are we gonna see your presence on this blog or what?

    ReplyDelete
  57. haha!! Grace actually show up on her own blog???!!! You're funny Jess! :)

    But really Grace...over 3 months???? C'mon... it won't hurt, I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. hey everyone
    you are so crazy! honestly, don't you have anything else to do?

    ReplyDelete
  59. haha Ellie! Yes we do have other things to do...they're just not as fun!;P

    How are you girl?! We have got to do something sometime! Has Ben started classes yet?

    ReplyDelete
  60. yep! I will have to come down sometime soon cause september 22 I'm going to Germany for 3 months. Yeah, switzerland is just a day away from where I'm going and paris 2 hours. Exciting! And Ukrane is on the schedule for October! We'll have to talk...

    ReplyDelete
  61. Wow Ellie! Sounds like an exciting time coming up for you!! So what are you going to be doing there? Are going to the picnic Saturday?
    It's good to hear from you, it's been a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wow Ellie! You're going to be quite the world traveler! I must confess I'm slightly jealous!;) I hope you have a safe trip and a fun time doing whatever it is you're doing there!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Hey Ellie! That sounds like so much fun! I will have to admit along with Les becasue I am also a bit jealous! But I hope you have a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  64. lol girls! Grace says it's not working and that it looks like we have no life.;)

    ReplyDelete
  65. Yep. Les is right. That's basically what Grace is saying. We can just have our own conversations on here(with her monitoring them,I guess) and keep annoying her. =)

    ReplyDelete
  66. Whatever Grace...you like it and you know it ;) A post really would be nice though, I mean, call me crazy but that IS what a blog is for! (radical thought I know) And um, those of us without facebook would love to know what you're up too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  67. She's working! That's like all that girl does!:P

    ReplyDelete
  68. Haha! That probably is what Grace is saying. C'mon, Grace-what about just a really short post? Pleeeeeaaaase...

    Lol, Ash! You're so funny. :) Although that is a pretty radical thought. I would have NEVER guessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  69. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,
    (X100)(X1,000)(X1,000,000)
    (X1,000,000,000)....... write another post Grace!

    There, could I have been any more polite?

    All we need Grace, is for you to post and let us know that you are doing okay!

    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    But, if you do not want to... I can suggest it again. You could turn full ownership of the blog over to us! Then you would not have to listen to us begging you (although I know you probably like it!)and we could just post it all for you! Then you could just sit back, relax, and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  70. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. We'll love you forever, we'll like you for always, as long as we're living, we'd love a great post!


    (Any body recognize the first part of that song?)

    ReplyDelete
  72. I thought that was a book Addie....

    Well, we can gang up on her at the picnic today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  73. I would love to... but we had a change in plans, so I am not going. Let me know how it goes though!

    I should have added a few more "pleases" to my book Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  74. That stinks, Addie. :( I'm sure Les and Ash will "gang up" on Grace today and make her talk, though. :) My parents had to go to a wedding in Lincoln, so I couln't go to the picnic either.

    How's school going, or have you started yet?

    ReplyDelete
  75. Well we were going to wait until the middle of September, but we had to unexpectedly start early, so we are starting on Monday.

    ReplyDelete