Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Elliness! ...a few days late.

Ellie's 18th birthday was on August 13th, but I haven't had any time to post in between now and then, so here is a post dedicated to one of the dearest friends of my life. : )
This is a few days late, but hey! I didn't forget! lol
We are twins for (for a total of 45 days ; )!

Since my scanner wouldn't work and I couldn't upload any pictures of me and Ellie

when we were little, this picture will have to do.

It was taken just today.

Here are some special memories that I have with Ellie:
  • Playing dress up at my house and your house. Remember all the old dresses. hats, gloves, shoes, and jewelry?
  • Playing football in the back yard if our old house. The teams were Kansas City Chiefs vs Denver Broncos. Every time, Ben, me, Nate, and Micah, were the Chiefs and Isaac, Ellie, Zach, and Lydia were the Broncos. We had some fierce competition in those days! When Chiefs were on defense, I always guarded Ellie and to this day when we play football, she hates it when I guard her. Com'on! A little pass interference here and there doesn't hurt anything! lol!
  • Going to visit Sabrina and each bringing along the biggest doll we could manage to find so we could "impress" our older cousin. ; )
  • Getting our hair cut the same way
  • I specifically rememeber one night when we were prolly 8 and 9 years old, you kids had been at our house all day and we of course wanted to spend the night together, so it was kinda late and we were supposed to be in bed waiting for your parents to come pick you kids up. We were both awake in the top bunk bed wearing matching summer night gowns, trying to figure out how we could manage convincing our parents to let you stay over night. So we decided that we would pretend to be sleeping and look all sweet and adorable so that our mothers wouldn't want to wake us and disturb such a sweet thing. :-P Well, it worked!! They let you stay and we were soooo happy! : )
  • All the "doctoring" sessions. You were usually the patient and I the doctor.
  • Making lots of noise playing the piano together
  • Sledding after midnight
  • Sleeping out in your living room with the Christmas lights on
  • Hours and hours of trying on Jamie's and Rosina's hand-me-downs. lol!! good times....not.
  • Helping with farm chores when we were a lot younger
  • All of our chats and talks. : )
  • How you were going to marry Josh Brown, the ollllllld NU kicker, and I was going to marry Eric Crouch, the olllllllld NU quarterback. : D We had it all planned out. Really, we did! lol! Just for the record....this was 6-8 years ago.
  • Playing in the woods in our camo. :-P
  • Clearing the woods
  • Cooking together
  • Playing dead and having funerals.
  • Lighting our first match together. Remember? Your mom sent us out with a match box to go burn trash in one of the barrels?
  • Playing how many guzillion games of Capture the Flag. At your house and at my house, it was always so much fun!
  • Spying on Cheryl. : D ; )
  • Tea parties
  • Making tents inside
  • Playing house
  • Getting pictures taken together at your neighbors'
  • Playing dress up and house with Rosina. This is probably our all-time favorite memory!!
  • Getting together with cousins
  • Playing in your tree fort at the old house.
  • Hiding in the window wells at my old house

This is all I can think of at this moment, but I may add more later. Ellie, if I missed any good ones, be sure to share them in a comment!

I love you Ellie!!!!

*blowing kisses*

Your twin,

Gracie

14 comments:

  1. I do remeber that you were the first to tell me what a kidnapper was. You said you saw one run across the yard. I couldn't sleep that night! And don't forget that Eric Crouch's favorite meal was meatloaf.
    You are a great cousin and friend! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww......that was a really sweet post Grace!!!
    Ellie is such a sweet, godly woman and I am blessed to have her as my friend!!!
    And you too Grace-- I'm missin' you!!! See you this week-end!
    Love,
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'mon Grace, is that ALL you can think of? ;)

    Happy Birthday Ellie! You are a very special young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, Ashley... you try writing up a post like that at 2am and see what you can come up with! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracie!!! 2 am??!! My dear, I would tell you that you should be sleeping, however, Ellie is worth staying up for.:) Soooo, I won't scold you....this time.;)

    Looks like you and Ellie have shared lots of fun memories over the years!

    Happy Birthday Ellie!!! You are such a sweet young lady....I have been so blessed to know you! Miss you like crazy...hopefully I'll see you this weekend at Alicia's wedding! Happy Birthday!

    Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Grace:) those would be some pretty close football games:)

    Happy Birthday Eille!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surpised you could keep it that serious at 2am Grace! ;) Congratulations on a job well done and well worthy of your super cousin. :) Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After scrolling down past the third page I came to the realization that it appears you have spent a signigicant amount of time with your cousin! Sounds like some great memories! It's crazy how time flies.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Sis, I'm not sure I'd call the post serious....more like fun.:) And, after all, I know from experience that Gracie is capable of having a serious conversation in the wee morning hours.
    Right Grace?;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet post Grace! Happy B-day Ellie. I love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Way back when, I was going to be the one marrying Eric Crouch and Laura was going to have Josh Brown :) Too funny.

    Happy birthday, Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Grace, I thought you should add;
    "Driving through Omaha to the Goodwill, and Grace getting her directions mixed up and consequently forcing Ellie to run a red light".
    Just in case you forgot that!! :)
    Love ya, Grace!
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. What? Grace get her directions mixed up? Never! :) (sure Ellie, blame it all on sweet innocent Gracie!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well written article.

    ReplyDelete