So I was thinking a lot tonight, Christmas night, about what it means to be a Christian. The word "Christian" means "Christ follower". When you say that you're a Christian, you are inferring that you follow Christ. However, you may be sitting on the fence--one side is a passionate, sold-out life for Christ and the other side, a lukewarm, carnal, world loving life. Which are you going to choose? You must choose to follow Christ, because to not choose or to "put off" choosing one is to choose to follow after the world, live carnally and that defames the name of Jesus! Do not claim the name of Christ if you do not intend to represent Him as He is. God is a jealous God. He desires that you seek after Him and Him alone.
Obviously we are not going to live in absolute perfection for the rest of our lives, but we do live our lives on one side of the fence, which side are you on?
Grace, that is the EXACT thing that I have been learning! I am going through a particularly hard time in my life right now, when Satan is trying to pull me onto his side of the fence but, as a Christian, I know I should be on the opposite side. It is a hard lesson to learn!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting!
Guess you didn't know I was reading, huh? :-)