I'm learning more this week that if I want to completely give my life away to my Savior, I must be entirely empty of myself. Self keeps my eyes off my Prince. It distorts my focus and weakens my passion.
So often, I am just trying to make it through the week and in doing so, I lose my way and forget Who I am serving.
At the moment, I'm trying to refocus. Trying to remind myself why I'm here, and Who I owe everything to. I guess it really helps typing my thoughts out... Ya know, living for one's self is the most miserable existence possible! I truly believe so!!! I'm so thankful for a loving Shepherd Who straightens me out when I stray.
.
Pastor Larry asked a question on Sunday...
.
"How do you picture the 'normal' Christian life?"
Good question...
I quickly wrote down my response to that question and it is as follows:
Living in complete and radical abandonment to the Lord Jesus Christ; seeking to honor and glorify Him in all my actions, thoughts, attitudes, words, plans and dreams. Pouring out my life for others, the hurting, lonely, poor, hungry, and needy Christ-less people that this world is so full of - loving them with the love of my Savior. Frequently sharing the gospel with those God places in my path. Desiring that the beauty of Jesus be seen in me so that when others look at me their response would be not be "what an amazing girl!", but "what an awesome God she serves!" Cause it's all about Him, right?!
.
I do not claim to live this way 100% of the time, perhaps not even 50%, but it is my desire to be more like this every day.
.
I cannot serve both God and self. One must be dethroned.
“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon." Matthew 6:24
---
25 "And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown.
26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified."
1 Corinthians 9:25-27
More of You and less of me, God
More of You and less of me, God
More of You and less of me, God
More of You overflowing!
I know what you mean! It is so easy to put God "on the back burner". But then when I sit down and think about it, Wow! How could I do that? After all He's done for me...Yes, "more of you and less of me, God!"
ReplyDeleteIt's so encouraging to hear that others struggle with the same thing I do. Not that you struggle but that I'm not the only person out there that feels this way.
ReplyDeleteIt's truly challenging to give your all to the Lord every day. I'm lucky sometimes if I make it through a single day with my every thought being about Him.
Lately, I've been asking myself how I could be SO selfish that I would think about myself so much. I'm ashamed of how much I think about myself. My every thought should be about the Lord's will for each step in my life. Not want I want. Also, not just the big picture of life but each minute of every hour of every day.
Yesterday I was reminded of how important beauty from the inside is. How it shouldn't be about the outward appearance but about reflecting Christ through my everything. Thanks for posting this, girl!