Thursday, October 9, 2008

My funnest birthday in YEARS! : )


This is the night before my birthday and to celebrate, Nicole and I went to see one of our favorite movies...again. ;-)


Nicole and I were on our fruit and veggie diet on my birthday...
so we went to HyVee for lunch and ate from their delicious salad bar. yum!! :-P


After lunch we spent a good 1-2 hours at a VERY COOL thrift store picking up unique furniture and nick-knacks for decorating the store that Nicole and her mom, Susie, are opening in November.
Later we headed to the Old Market and spent the entire afternoon strolling through
neat old shops and take photo shoots.

This is the SO fun 1950's Candy Shop!



Trying on cowboy hats at the very cool leather store where most coats were over $2, 000!
Below: We found the ole' "secret passageway"





























We both had tons of fun doing this photo shoot. I just wish I had a nicer camera so the pictures would look a bit better, but what I have works! ;-) It's nice and small and fits into my side pocket on my all my skirts or pants.










Have any of you ever been to "the slides" in down town Omaha?? If not, you HAVE to go!

They are SO fun... Just be sure to bring a box of wax paper (it makes you go faster if you sit on a sheet of it). It's totally free and makes for some very good memories. : )




Thanks Nicole for helping make my birthday so wonderful... ;-)

I love you, sis. <3



3 comments:

  1. Awww... Thanks girl!!!

    I had a TOTAL blast too!!! :o)

    Love ya back sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures!! Looks like you had a wonderful birthday!! The pictures look just like you described it!
    Hope you're having a great week Grace!!
    Love Ya,
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I love those slides! And that whole courtyard thing is soooo "rotic" :) lol

    ReplyDelete